Best Price :$318.95
Offer Price : $159.99
Availability : Usually ships in 1-2 business days
GPS running Watch Garmin Forerunner 405 Water Resistant Running GPS With USB ANT Stick (Black) Features
GPS running Watch Garmin Forerunner 405 Water Resistant Running GPS With USB ANT Stick (Black) SpecificationsWith the Forerunner 405, Garmin has finally put thepower of GPS location-based date into a sleek sport watch that can be worn all day. Runners no longer have to choose between function and fashion. Garmin's ANT + Sport wireless platform that wirelessly sends your data to your computer and a touch bezel that lets you change screens with a simple tap (no more fumbling for buttons) run make this not just a leap forward in GPS-enabled fitness devices, but in training devices period. Forerunner 405 comes in two color options — black or green.
The Power Of Location-Based Data
Anyone who has used Garmin's Forerunner 205 or 305 already understands the power that attaching location data to traditional measurements like distance, speed, time, calories burned, and heart rate can provide. Knowing exactly where you worked hardest, ran fastest (or most slowly), and lets you tailor your workouts to improve for specific distances, conditions, and types of terrain. It gives a complete picture of how you interact with every portion of your run.
Forerunner 405 comes in two color options — black or green
Train with a virtual partner
Loaded with serious training features, Forerunner 405 continuously monitors your time, distance, pace, calories and heart rate (when paired with heart rate monitor). Each run is stored in memory so you can review and analyze the data to see how you've improved.
The high-sensitivity GPS receiver sustains satellite reception, whether you’re tackling a trail or jogging through the urban canyons of skyscrapers. The Forerunner 405 is water-resistant (IPX7) and can be used outdoors or indoors (with an optional foot pod), making it the ultimate year-round, all-weather training tool.
Forerunner 405 is available with or without a heart rate monitor (see the versions tab) to help you make the most out of your training. Versions with a digital heart rate monitor continuously track heart beats per minute. Train in a certain heart rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance on the same run.
The revolutionary patent-pending touch bezel on the face of the watch makes navigating the options easier than ever. Simply by tapping, holding or running a finger along the bezel, runners can begin a new workout, access their training history or challenge a Virtual Partner. The Forerunner 405 makes training with a Virtual Partner easy and efficient. Runners can adjust the Virtual Partner’s pace without stopping in the middle of a workout, and the Virtual Partner is always on and ready for a challenge.
Run, Sync, Store and Share
One of Garmin's most ambitious decisions has been to approach fitness devices as a total platform with their "ANT + Sport" connectivity system. All of Garmin's new fitness devices, including the Forerunner 405, Edge 605 and 705 bike computers, and Forerunner 50 heart rate monitor watches, will interface wirelessly with any devices that are compatible wiht the "ANT + Sport" protocol, including devices from other manufacturers.
Once you’ve logged the miles, the ANT+Sport wireless technology automatically transfers data to your computer when the Forerunner is in range. No cables, no hookups. The data’s just there, ready for you to analyze, categorize and share through Garmin's online community, Garmin Connect or optional Garmin Training Center software. You can wirelessly send workouts from your computer to Forerunner, too.
With Forerunner 405 you can share your locations, advanced workouts and courses wirelessly with other Forerunner 405 users. Now you can send your favorite workout to your buddy to try, or compete against a friend's recorded course. Sharing data is easy. Just select "transfer" to send your information to nearby units.
Take your training inside with the versatile Forerunner 405. Pair it with an optional foot pod to track your speed, distance and running cadence indoors when a GPS signal is unavailable. This new design clips onto your laces for easy removal and automatically turns on when you start moving. You can also add a speed/cadence bike sensor to track the speed and distance of your cycling workouts.
Be Part of A Community
In 2007, Garmin acquired Motion-based, the largest shared repository of customer-generated gps-based routes, courses and maps. This was a significant move for Garmin to support the gps user community and bring a wealth of route options to gps users. With a simple connection to your computer, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect our new, one-stop site for data analysis an sharing.
You can also upload to optional Garmin Training Center software for further analysis. Garmin Training Center stores large quanities of workout and ride data. Some of the things you can do are
- Review your workout data, including pace/speed, distance, time, calories burned; and if available, heart rate, cadence and detailed elevation.
- View a detailed graph of your workout data, plotted over time or distance.
- View a map of your workout that shows the exact path you traveled.
- Categorize your workout history according to type of activity.
- Review previous workouts, which are saved by day and week.
- Create customized workouts with specific goals and rest intervals. Then send them to your fitness device.*
- Schedule workouts for a specific day with calendar.
- Get custom workout templates designed by the experts at TrainingPeaks.com
Forerunner 405, USB ANT stick, AC adapter, Charging clip, Owner's manual, Quick reference guide
GPS running Watch Garmin Forerunner 405 Water Resistant Running GPS With USB ANT Stick (Black) Overviews
Each run is stored in memory so you can review and analyze the data to see how you've improved. You can even download recorded courses to compete against previous workouts or race a Virtual Partner. Customize Forerunner's data screens for instant feedback while you train.
- GPS-enabled sport watch tracks distance, pace, calories burned and heart rate
- Optional footpod can be used to gather speed and distance indoors
- ANT+Sport wireless technology automatically transfers data to and from your computer, no cables necessary
- Garmin USB ANT+ Stick included
- Data can be uploaded to Garmin Connect website. Data can be analyzed, shared, and stored
- Innovative touch bezel interface requires user to tap or slide finger on bezel to control functions
- Can be use for running or cycling
- Weight is 2.1 oz
- Watch features time of day (12/24h), dual time zone, day/date, and daily alarm
- GPS can mark waypoints, go back to start, and save locations
- Zone training, heart rate zone training, supports 5 heart rate zones
- Garmin USB ANT+ Stick included
- Unit-to-Unit transfer of workout and location data to other Forerunner 405's
- Compatible with speed/cadence bike sensor
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts over 1,000+ charges
- Battery life is 8 hours per charge or 2 weeks in power save mode
- Heart rate strap not included
- Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
- Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap)
- Garmin Forerunner 405 Water Resistant Running GPS With USB ANT Stick (Green)
- Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor
- Garmin Wrist strap kit
Product Information and Prices Stored: Aug 19, 2011 11:50:12